Beer pairing is being taken to the next level at new east Austin restaurant and brewery The Brewer’s Table: beer is incorporated every item on the menu!
I ate there last week, and it was pretty fascinating to both look at the menu and have it explained to me by my server. The Brewer’s Table team has gone above and beyond to create something totally unique that has never been done before in an Austin restaurant.
Other than water, beer is just grain, hops, and yeast. Those ingredients are creatively infused and sprinkled and ground and mixed into menu items in ways that I wouldn’t normally expect.
I went on a dinner date with my friend Monique to check out the space, food, and cocktails. (Sadly, their own beer wasn’t quite ready, although it will be available at the grand opening party on June 10th, 2018.)
This was a fun meal that involved all my senses! Dining out is one of my favorite activities; it’s where I choose to budget a significant portion of my time and money.
My meal at The Brewer’s Table was exactly what I appreciate about eating out: plates of delicious, imaginative, and visually appealing food consumed in a pretty space with an informed and attentive waiter. I’ll be going back with my husband soon!
here’s what surprised me about the brewer’s table:
1. The food is refreshingly light. Granted, I did order a grilled fish as my main entree, but all the snacks, appetizers, sides, and desserts that I tried were veggie and herb-centric. I imagine “beer food” to be dense foods like beer cheese and brats. Not here! This is a true farm-to-table restaurant that uses fresh, local, seasonal ingredients that are all prepared with some beer-related ingredient.
2. Beer is even incorporated into the cocktails. I should’ve known, right? They did say that beer is in all parts of the menu! Everything was quite subtle, and I love hops in cocktails, so this was a fun little surprise for me.
3. Flowers, flowers everywhere! I’ve never seen so many edible flowers in my meal, haha! Each dish was fun to photograph because they were full of color, not just from the main ingredients, but also from the sweet little flowers strewn across the top.
4. There’s an actual “Brewer’s Table.” Ha! Another thing maybe should’ve been obvious to me? I just thought it was the name of the restaurant, but there’s a giant table in an upstairs loft that overlooks the restaurant. It can be reserved for a big group or rented out for an event. I want to have a birthday dinner there some day with a bunch of friends!
Other things to know:
- The happy hour menu is great! Check it out here. It’s from 2:30-6 every day, and there are huge discounts on both food and drinks. This is a good way to try the restaurant if you’re not ready to splurge on a full meal just yet.
- The row of canned and dried food in the loft is not just for show. They actually use all of those ingredients in the food.
3. There’s indoor/outdoor seating. It was 100 degrees and way too hot to eat outside when I went, but they’ve added fans since I was there. I love dining outside, so I was happy to see that on their instagram page.
The Brewer’s Table
4714 E 5th St, Austin 78702