Austin Texas is one of the top bachelorette party destinations in the United States, and for good reason: brides-to-be love coming here for the warm weather, the murals, live music, the Instagrammable brunches, and of course, the bar-crawling scene on Rainey Street and Dirty Sixth.
But in a city that offers SO many options for your bachelorette party, planning the details can get fuzzy and overwhelming. I’m a long-time Austin Texas resident who has attended many parties events, so I have a ton of ideas to offer you as you’re planning your Austin bachelorette party!
101 Austin Bachelorette Party Ideas
Where to STAY for your Austin Bachelorette party:
101. Book a house in Travis Heights, an adorable neighborhood that’s nestled in between South Congress, Downtown Austin, and Rainey Street. You’ll be walking distance or a quick Uber ride away from everything you need.
100. Get a high-rise airbnb apartment in Downtown Austin. You’ll be able to walk to bars, restaurants, and plenty of bachelorette party activities.
99. Stay at one of Austin’s many boutique hotels: Heywood Hotel, South Congress Hotel, Hotel Saint Cecila, and Hotel Van Zandt are all in exceptional parts of Austin to celebrate with your #bridetribe!
98. Book a lake-front house in Tarrytown. This will lend itself to a quieter, calmer place to stay if that’s more your vibe for your particular Austin bachelorette group.
How to DECORATE for your Austin bachelorette party:
96. Start with this Austin hangover kit….because we all know where this weekend is going. 😉
95. Print your itinerary on these customizable invitation/itinerary cards.
94. Get custom letter balloons, garlands, props, and goodies with Pretty Goods ATX. They have everything ranging from cute and glittery items to PG13-rated photo props to make sure your living space is decked out for the bride-to-be.
93. Order these adorable Austin bachelorette tanks for the group on Etsy.
92. Let’s party, y’all! Gift the bride-to-be this gift pack for her Texas-themed party.
91. Reserve your own vintage champagne truck with Champagne Supply Co for the cutest photos and tastiest champagne cocktails. They can even bring set it up at your Airbnb.
90. Cheers to the bride! Grab these Austin wine tumblers to keep your beverages cool while you’re at the pool.
89. Surprise the bride with her own balloon display at the airbnb. Ballooms of Austin can create some beautiful art.
88. Check out this fun Rainey Street tee. Your Austin bachelorette party will look so good!
87. Buy the cutest confetti balloons with tassels from The Balloon Bar, a small local business that will deliver in the Austin area.
Where to DRINK with your #bridetribe:
86. Dress up and head out to Rainey Street, Austin’s most iconic bar street full of bungalows-turned-bars that all have their own unique theme. Here’s a guide to where to eat and drink on Rainey Street.
85. Party on famous Sixth Street, which is known for live music, cheap well drinks, and an endless string of bars.
84. Enjoy the views from P6, a cocktail lounge atop the Line Hotel that offers unobstructed views of Lady Bird Lake.
83. Sit outside at Ah Sing Den for cocktails in the back patio. It feels like a secret garden.
82. Head into Nickel City for dive bar vibes where you can also get craft cocktails and coney dogs from the food truck out back.
81. Set up a wine tasting at The Austin Winery, the first full-production winery inside Austin city limits.
80. Order creative cocktails at The Roosevelt Room, a chic-industrial space in Downtown Austin.
79. Hang out at Kitty Cohen’s, a retro East Austin bar that has a mini pool where you can dip your feet while you sip on your drinks.
78. Schedule a private wine tour at The Infinite Monkey Theorem, the (completely un-pretentious) urban winery in East Austin that has plenty of space to hang out for a while.
77. Take photos galore at Wonder Bar, the most Instagrammable bar in north Austin.
76. Get pizza + beer at ABGB, an award-winning pizza and beer garden in South Austin.
75. Drink cocktails inside a parking garage (yes…) at Garage Cocktail Bar.
74. Make reservations at Midnight Cowboy, Austin’s most secretive speak-easy bar on Sixth Street with award-wining drinks.
72. Go to Winebelly wine bar and order a few bottles of wine for a low-key, relaxed setting to swirl and sip.
71. Schedule a tasting at Still Austin Whiskey Co., the first whiskey distillery inside Austin city limits.
70. Enjoy outdoor vibes and live music at Whisler’s cocktail bar in East Austin.
69. Go wine tasting in Fredericksburg. Majesty Tours will pick you up and drive you to a selection of wineries.
68. Stock up on rosé! The Austin Wine Merchant is a the place to shop for exceptional wine in Austin.
What to DO during your Austin Bachelorette party:
67. Book a tour with PubCrawler with up to 14 of your friends. Bike from bar-to-bar through Market District as you drink cold beverages and enjoy good times with your people.
66. Spend a day floating the river. ATXcursions will provide transportation from Austin to the river, tubes, coolers, and a guide.
65. See the 20 most Instagrammable spots in Austin Texas….because you know you need to document those matching #bridetribe tees. You can even book an Austin photographer to capture some professional photos that you’ll savor for years to come! This company is an amazing affordable Austin photography group that I highly recommend.
64. Catch a concert at the Moody Theater where ACL-Live tv is filmed. (Note: not all concerts are for ACL Live…you’ll probably be able to catch a regular un-filmed concert, though.)
63. Swim at the iconic Deep Eddy pool, a spring-fed pool in Austin that’s (typically) a bit less crowded than Barton Springs.
62. Take group pictures by a famous Austin mural. Here’s a guide to all the murals on South Congress.
61. Go on a boat cruise with Capital Cruises. You can book a dinner or lunch cruise, or take a sightseeing cruise to see the Austin bats emerge at dusk.
60. Shop for jewelry inside the Kendra Scott flagship store on South Congress. This store even has its own “Sips and Sweets” cafe where you can enjoy champagne and macarons on the Instagrammable front patio.
59. Climb Mount Bonnel for the prettiest view of the lake at sunset. This is one of the best photo spots in Austin!
58. Rent a boat with Float On, Austin’s top boat rental company. Rentals are available in Lake Austin and Lake Travis. Boats come with Lily Pads (giant floats) where the whole group can lounge in the water and pose for pics.
57. Ever tried axe throwing? You can book a private group party at Urban Axes, which makes for a really fun (and funny) bachelorette party event.
56. Blowouts for all the girls! Blo Dry Bar has all the bachelorette party aesthetics with white, lush chairs and pops of pink.
55. Go to the cutest nail salon in Austin, Cute Nail Studio, where they specialize in fancy nail art.
54. Tour Austin with Duck Adventures, a 75-minute amphibious ride that will take you past Austin must-see tourists spots, on land and in the water.
53. Get group mani/pedis at Lacquer, an upscale nail boutique in downtown Austin.
52. Book a karaoke room at The Highball. Each room comes with a server who will keep the drinks flowing.
51. Take a dip in Barton Springs. It’s a natural-fed spring in the middle of Austin and the water is 68 degrees year-round.
50. Go dancing at Barbarella, one of the best dance clubs in Austin.
49. Catch a concert at Stubb’s, a giant outdoor concert venue in Downtown Austin that hosts some of the biggest names to come to Austin.
48. Happen to come to Austin during a rainy weekend? Here are 23 ideas of things to do on a rainy day in Austin.
47. Catch a movie at Alamo Drafthouse, where servers will bring you food, cocktails, and Texas craft beer during the flick.
46. Relax with a spa day! Milk and Honey Salon is a stunning and calming space in the middle of Downtown Austin.
45. Watch the bats emerge from the South Congress Bridge. Here’s all the info you need on what time of year you can do this.
44. See a concert at the Mohawk, a two-level indoor/outdoor concert venue in Downtown Austin.
43. Splash around at the W Hotel’s gorgeous downtown rooftop pool. Wet Deck passes are $10 and available M-F.
42. Go shopping on South Congress Ave. Here’s the ultimate guide to South Congress.
How to STAY IN SHAPE during your Austin Bachelorette Party
41. Take a yoga class with baby goats! Sign up for goat yoga with GOGA, a company that will book private events for a minimum of 15 people, available at their location or yours.
40. Grab coffee (here are 24 excellent Austin coffee shops) and take an easy morning walk by Lady Bird Lake.
39. Book your own private class with Barre Code Austin: they have a studio in Downtown Austin that’s linked to a coffee shop, so you can grab lattes right after class.
38. Teach the whole group to twerk with J.Play’s TWERKOUT classes. Group and private classes available.
37. Take a stab at pole dancing at aerial arts with a private class at Sky Candy, Austin’s premier aerial and circus arts training center.
36. Lace up your hiking shoes and go for a trail walk in the greenbelt. Here’s a guide to all of the trails.
35. Get your morning sweat on with a class at Soul Cycle in downtown Austin.
34. Rent stand up paddleboards (SUP) with Austin Rowing Center and paddle around on Lady Bird Lake.
33. Take a wine + yoga class with Vino Vinyasa. Classes are an hour long and end with a wine tasting.
32. Swim in the nude at Hippie Hollow, Austin’s clothing-optional park.
31. Head out on the lake with a kayak from Congress Kayaks.
Where to BRUNCH during your Austin bachelorette party:
30. See this list of 24 tried-and-true brunch options in Austin.
29. Take on the Manmosa at Banger’s on Rainey Street: they fill your cup with an entire bottle of champagne before topping it off with OJ.
28. Keep it classy with brunch at Mattie’s, a historic mansion that has been turned into a restaurant that serves upscale southern favorites.
27. Go for a big, boozy brunch at Holy Roller in Downtown Austin.
26. Dine on a tasty Thai/American brunch at Sway.
25. Reserve a table at Odd Duck, Austin’s most popular (and prettiest!) farm-to-table restaurant.
24. Enjoy weekend brunch at Josephine House, a charming 1950s bungalow-turned restaurant that has some of the best brunch plates in town.
23. Dine on classic brunch dishes like lemon ricotta pancakes and pulled pork hash at chic, American restaurant Eberly.
22. Take on the the all-you-can-eat brunch at Moonshine Grill.
21. It’s not fancy, but Magnolia Cafe is one of Austin’s most iconic 24-hour diners. Even President Obama has eaten here! Enjoy pancakes for brunch (or stop by for a middle-of-the-night snack.)
20. Jacoby’s Ranch-To-Table restaurant in East Austin is a fun Texas experience; they source their meat from their own Texas ranch, so you know it’s all local and sustainable. They have all the Texas brunch favorites like biscuits and gravy, beef hash, and duck confit Migas.
19. Cameras ready for an Instagrammable brunch at the gorgeous Café no Sé on South Congress.
Where to EAT during your stay:
18. Get a copy of Austin Food Crawls to guide you through the food scenes in the hottest neighborhoods in Austin!
17. You need to eat BBQ at least once while you’re in Austin! Try La Barbecue, Terry Black’s, or (of course) Franklin BBQ. How long is the line at Franklin? Click here to find out! (And also learn how you can order ahead to avoid the line completely…)
16. Try a famous food truck: here are 16 of the best food trucks in Austin Texas.
15. Eat a fantastic upscale dinner at Emmer & Rye, an award-winning farm-to-table restaurant on Rainey Street. At least one nice, splurge-worthy dinner is a must for an Austin bachelorette party!
14. Be sure to get breakfast tacos at least once! Valentina’s has some of the best in the whole city.
13. Dine on French food and champagne at late-night eatery Justine’s, possibly the sexiest restaurant in all of Austin. They kitchen stays open until the wee hours of the morning.
12. Take the whole group to La Condesa, a modern Mexican restaurant in Downtown Austin that has some of the best margaritas in the city.
11. Enjoy a memorable dinner at Kemuri Tatsu-ya, a Texas BBQ/Japanese fusion restaurant in East Austin that also serves cocktails in the most imaginative drink ware.
10. Get a bunch of NY-style pies from famous Home Slice Pizza and enjoy them at home in your airbnb.
9. Go to Dolce Neve for authentic Italian gelato.
8. Hang out at Easy Tiger’s beer garden where you can play ping pong while you drink pints of beer and indulge in their delicious homemade pretzels and sandwiches.
7. Happy Hour margs + queso at the adorable Grizzelda’s in east Austin.
6. Order queso at Torchy’s Tacos flagship store on South Congress. Lots of folks call this the best queso in the whole city!
5. Take the group to an outdoor dinner at Fresa’s where you can dine on the creekside patio under Live Oak trees and enjoy tacos, prickly pear margaritas, and homemade churros.
4. These Y’ALL coozies are cute (and cheap!) and will keep your sparkling wine cans cold all weekend.
3. Give every guest her own customizable makeup bag from Pretty Goods ATX.
2. A pink Texas wine tumbler is a thoughtful souvenir that can also be put to use while you’re hanging out by the airbnb pool.
1. Still Drunk? Everyone needs this sleep mask for the flight back home…
Planning an Austin bachelorette party? Grab your free 3-day itinerary here!
Follow on instagram @somuchlifeblog